Official Terms, Rules and Conditions of Participating in the Miss World America (MWA) and Miss Teen World America (MTWA) Contest
1. A contestant shall be a person who:
(a) is no less than 18 (eighteen) and no more than 26 (twenty-six) years of age on December 1 of the Relevant Year for Miss World America;
(b) is no less than 13 (thirteen) and no more than 18 (eighteen) years of age on December 1 of the Relevant Year for Miss Teen World America;
(c) is legally recognized as a female in the United States;
(d) has never been through any ceremony either valid or invalid, and whether civil, religious or tribal, which is recognized as a marriage ceremony in any part of the world;
(e) has never given birth to a child;
(f) has not taken part in any international contest in the Relevant Year, nor has been qualified to represent any country in the Relevant Year; and
(g) has never won any Miss World Contest;
(h) has never won any previous Miss World America national contests or represented the National Area in any previous Miss World Contest;
(i) is of good character and possessed of charm, poise, personality;
(j) whose background is not likely to bring into disrepute Miss World America Contest and Miss Teen World America Contest or title or the Licensee or Miss World America or any person associated with them
(k) is born in the USA or have five years continuous residency at the time of Entry or hold a current proof of the USA citizenship;
(l) in case of winning the Miss World America or Miss Teen World America title, shall be able to sign a an Exclusive Management Agreement with Miss World America and be resident at her own expense on the mainland of the USA (the copy of the Management Agreement shall be included into Miss World America or Miss Teen World America contest application paperwork and provided by the relevant State Director to every State Winner for familiarization before entering Miss World America or Miss Teen World America contest);
2. To further elaborate on p. 1(j) above, there must be nothing in the contestant’s background or actions that could bring into disrepute any aspect of the Miss World America brand, its Licensees, staff, and/or sponsors and partners, or that may conflict with Miss World America values and principles (including, but not limited to: drug use; arrests; DUIs; participation in pornography; insensitive comments or statements; spreading false or unproven facts about MWA that may disrepute MWA and its partners and affiliates, etc); the contestant agrees that she shall not disparage Miss World America, insult, defame, slander, use any form of derogatory commentary in any form whatsoever, whether written or verbal, regarding Miss World America brand, its Licensees, staff, sponsors and partners, and acknowledges that Miss World America shall seek legal remedies, including cost and damages for any violation of the above;
3. Entry forms must be filled in with contestants’ legal names as they are in government issued IDs, passports, etc. and not assumed or professional names.
4. Having signed the entry form and qualified for the final, contestants are reminded that they have signed a contract and that to break it is a serious matter.
5. The Miss World America and Miss Teen World America, as well as all Miss World America state titles are copyrighted. No person or organization may use the titles, without the permission of Miss World America and Miss World Limited.
6. By entering the selection process and ultimately the contest, a contestant grants the organizers or the sponsors of the event, the free and unfettered right to use her name, photographs, voice, likeness, recommendations etc., relating to the contest, its title or any such connection between the contestant and the contest or title in any way it sees fit for advertising or sales promotions purposes, providing such use is not in a manner to cause harm to the contestant’s reputation or name. Such agreement will continue in a similar manner for further material issued resulting in participation in the contest or during year of office if she wins the title. We cannot guarantee the return of any materials sent to Miss World America as part of an application.
7. Contestants agree that from the date of winning a qualifying contest, until a period of fourteen days after the national final, or if they become the holder of Miss World, Miss Teen World, Miss World America, Miss Teen World America titles, for a period of six months after their reign as titleholder ends, they will not, without the prior permission in writing from the organizers, make any statement to the media, either directly or indirectly, nor give any interviews nor write any stories whatsoever appertaining to the competition or involving its name.
8. Contestants agree that their name and photographs may be used by the organizer or competition sponsors in any advertising or promotion feature for the contest or its sponsors where the names Miss World America, Miss Teen World America, America’s Miss World, America’s Miss Teen World are included, providing such advertising or promotion shall not offend normal good taste.
9. Contestants agree that they will not use the Miss World America and Miss Teen World America Contest as a platform for expressing political and/or religious points of views.
10. These rules were made to cover Miss World America contest. Miss World America cannot accept any responsibility for neither any changes of rules nor any cancellation or changes in format in Miss World contest, which prevent the winner from neither further participation nor any amendment to the rules in such contest, which would make Miss World America winner ineligible to compete in Miss World.
11. The responsibility for obtaining the right wardrobe to compete, is entirely that of the contestant.
12. IT IS EMPHASIZED THAT THE ORGANIZERS CANNOT IN ANY WAY BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR THE LOSS OF ANY CONTESTANT’S PERSONAL EFFECTS. LOOK AFTER YOUR OWN EFFECTS AT ALL TIMES. WHEN APPROPRIATE TAKE OUT INSURANCE AND DEPOSIT VALUABLES IN HOTEL SAFETY DEPOSITS.
13. Miss World America shall have the right to amend or change the above Offiical Rules and Conditions at any time. In the event of any dispute over the rules of the contest the decision of the Miss World America organization is final.
14. Miss World America shall have the right to disqualify any MWA contestant for violating the above Official Rules and Conditions. Moreover, Miss World America shall also have the right to cease and desist and remove any national and state titles from any contestants and state delegates for violating the above Official Rules and Conditions at any time before, during and/or after the National Final.
15. All contestants understand and agree that if Miss World America collects any fees (e.g. entry fees, program book fees, etc) from contestants related with their participation in the National Final, those fees shall not be refundable under any circumstance.
16. Miss World America will cover travel expenses of the Miss World America title winner to travel to Miss World final. Further, Miss World Organization shall be responsible for the contestant’s accommodation and meals during the Miss World preliminary competitionsand final.
17. All enquiries about Miss World America and Miss Teen World America Competition must be done in writing to: Miss World America, 9229 W Sunset Blvd, Suite 415, West Hollywood, CA 90069
Relevant Year: January 1 through December 31 of the year of the National Final
National Area: The United States; the territory of all 50 the United States and the District of Columbia